Thursday, April 23, 2009

Homemade Greenhouse

How are your gardens growing? Mine feels slow. But, I got all of my seedlings potted up and taken outside to the balcony (at least during the day). Yesterday I sowed more seeds and stuck them in my little homemade greenhouse. It cost me...nothing! I am really excited about it (and have been since I came up with it over two weeks ago). The lid is high enough that the seedlings don't touch the top so I can keep them toasty and moist until they are ready to be potted up. All I did was find a large clear plastic container with a lid, flip it upside down, place all of my plants on the lid, and pop on the top. It was that easy and my seedlings have never been happier. I would still like to figure out how to rig up a grow light but alas, I have no money or supplies. Yet.

1 comment:

maryelizabeth said...

The Complete Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyzn (I think that is how you spell her last name == A life saver for the unapologetic frugal.